Do you want to know the updated COVID data? This information is available at all times, to anyone by going to the Iowa COVID Dashboard at www.coronavirus.iowa.gov. We want to keep our community informed as much as possible. Please know that at Regional Health Services we are diligently monitoring the COVID-19 situation.
- RHSHC will also be keeping the local community updated as this situation changes. Please refer back to this page for information.
- Also, follow our Facebook page for the quickest way to see updates from RHSHC.
As cases in our area and hospitalizations continue to rise, PLEASE continue to practice the recommended mitigation efforts to help stop the spread. Wear a mask, stay home if you’re sick, wash hands often, and practice social distancing.
COVID-19 VACCINE APPOINTMENTS
Moderna Drive-Thru Vaccine Clinic
When: Thursday, April 22nd, 2021
Location: Howard County Fairgrounds (enter at East gate)
Who: Anyone 18 and older. Underlying condition no longer required.
Sign up by completing all screens and receiving a confirmation email of appointment: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0c4caaaf29a7f8c25-4222021moderna
Important Things to Know:
– You must be able to return for the 2nd dose on May 19th. Alternative dates for 2nd doses will not be offered.
– Please do not come excessively early. Arrive at your scheduled time.
– Please print the forms included on this site or in your confirmation email and fill out prior to vaccine appointment.
– At the vaccine clinic, please wear short sleeves and have arm ready.
– You must have appointment to attend. No walk-ins/drive-ups will be accepted.
– If you need assistance scheduling a vaccine appointment or making arrangements to receive one, reach out to Iowa’s Helpline by dialing 2-1-1.
COVID-19 Variant in Howard County 3.8.21
The emergence of new variants underscores that it remains critical for Iowans to continue the mitigation efforts that we know work to slow the spread of COVID-19:
- Wear a mask or face covering
- Practice social distancing with those outside your household
- Clean your hands frequently with soap and water
- Stay home if you feel sick
- Get tested if you are exposed to or have symptoms of COVID-19
- Consider getting a COVID-19 vaccine when it’s available to you
COVID-19 VACCINE FAQ INFORMATION
- What you need to know about the COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine
- COVID Vaccine Myths & Facts
- 5 Things You Should Know About Vaccine Safety
- 5 Things You Should Know About Vaccine Safety (Spanish)
PATIENT AND VISITOR INFORMATION:
- All persons are required to wear a face covering when in our facilities. Please bring a person face covering when you come to RHSHC. (If you do not have one, we will provide one for you.)
- The Clinic Entrance is open for patients, visitors, and pharmacy customers. All will need to mask and pass screening to enter.
- All people will be screened by staff before entering our facility.
- Clinic appointments can be attended or scheduled as usual. We have set up a Respiratory Clinic in a separate building in an effort to prevent possible exposure.
- Lime Springs and Elma clinics are open normal hours.
- Cresco Family Pharmacy is OPEN. The lobby is now open to the public through the clinic entrance. Services are also available by drive-up, delivery, or mail.
- Home Medical Equipment is OPEN through the clinic entrance door.
- PLEASE CALL before presenting at the clinic if you have a fever and/or respiratory symptoms.
We are now scheduling telehealth video visits for a variety of clinic appointments! Call 563-547-2022 to schedule or to learn more.
Effective March 29, 2021 to current: TWO visitors/support persons will be allowed with patients in any department:
* Exceptions will be made for end of life situations.
* No visitors allowed for those in isolation per normal protocol.
If you have any questions or concerns about COVID-19 please refer to these hotlines:
– IDPH COVID-19 Hotline: Dial 211
– Cerro Gordo Public Health Hotline: Dial 641-494-3546
Also, please remember to:
– Do NOT follow rumors, follow facts
– Wash your hands
– Wear a mask in public places
– Stay home if you are sick
– Do not panic
– Call the clinic before presenting
– Practice social distancing when you must go out
COVID-19 Test Pricing for private pay as of May 13, 2020:
Mayo COVID PCR testing – $149
Mayo IgG testing – $118