Health coaching is a free service for people of any age, with any diagnosis, or people interested in improving overall health. There are several ways the health coach may assist you which include:
- Provide support and education via phone, email, or face-to-face visits.
- Counsel and advise patients to improve overall health conditions.
- Identify the need for behavioral change to improve health status, reduce health risks and improve quality of life.
- Offer possible solutions and identify barriers to why a health condition may feel “uncontrolled”.
- Check vital signs including temperature, heart rate, and blood pressure, along with monitoring weight and body mass index.
- Provide educational materials that may include diet, exercise, medications, stress management, and chronic illnesses or health conditions.
- Utilize community resources that may be available to work with you or provide additional assistance.
- Communicate with your primary doctor for urgent issues that may arise.
Carrie Shepard, Health Coach, is a registered nurse and is located at the Cresco Medical Clinic. If you are interested in visiting with our health coach, call the clinic at 563-547-2022 and ask for Carrie Shepard.
Thank you, and we look forward to working with you!
Carrie Shepard, BSN, RN
321 8th Avenue West
Cresco, IA 52136