An Exceptional New Life Experience
Are you expecting a baby and looking for an experienced physician to provide your obstetrical care? The Cresco Medical Clinic has four family practitioners who provide obstetrical services.
Paul Jensen, MD Jon Kammerer, MD
J. David Maher, MD Stephanie Riley, CNM
Doctors Jensen, Kammerer, and Maher are certified providers in Neonatal Resuscitation, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, and Fetal Monitoring. Drs. Jensen and Kammerer are also certified in Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics. Our Certified Nurse Midwife can see female patients starting at age 12. Her specialty is the care and management of patients including primary care, health maintenance, and obstetric care within hospital deliveries.
RHSHC has a long history of providing health care to laboring mothers and newborns. Our physicians and nursing staff pride themselves on being up-to-date with the latest health care processes and technology in order to provide the best care possible to our patients. They continue to seek out new ways to make your care great.
Pain Control Options
- Offered by a certified registered nurse anesthetist, including epidural and intrathecal anesthesia when appropriate.
- Nitrous oxide: offered as an additional option to women for pain control during labor.
- Nitrous oxide administration helps to decrease pain and anxiety during labor.
- Nitrous oxide is safe for the mother and fetus.
- Inhaled nitrous oxide does not interfere with breastfeeding.
- Because nitrous is self-administered, not only can a woman decide how much to use, but she can also decide if she wants to stop using it and try another method of pain relief instead.
- Nitrous can easily be discontinued, and its effects disappear within 5 minutes.
Comprehensive OB Care
- All OB nursing staff have been certified in electronic fetal monitoring (C-EFM) in order to provide the best support for the health and safety of mom and baby.
- In the event a cesarean section is necessary, a general surgeon is ready to assist in your special delivery.
- Registered nurses with specialized training in obstetrics will be by your side before, during, and following delivery to answer your questions, monitor fetal heart tones, provide education on the delivery process, breastfeeding, and what to expect once you bring your new baby home.
- NeoNET, which is newborn emergency telemedicine with neonatologists from Gundersen Health System, may be accessed to provide an additional layer of expertise in caring for your newborn.
- Our physicians understand that many patients feel more comfortable delivering their newborn with the physician that they have been seeing for their prenatal care in the clinic, therefore our physicians are on call for their own deliveries. Continuity of care from pre-pregnancy, through prenatal, postpartum, and finally, for whole family care is important.
- Skin-to-skin care is supported immediately after delivery, which provides the perfect atmosphere for the newborn. This type of care helps the newborn regulate body temperature and glucose level and promotes bonding and initiation of early breastfeeding.
- The nursing staff is trained to offer the most current information on how to feed your baby. Certified lactation consultants (CLC’s) are on staff.
- We also practice rooming-in to ensure optimal transition to extra-uterine life. Rooming-in promotes bonding as newborns and mothers transition into their new life together. Husbands and/or significant others are encouraged to be involved in the entire process also, to be united together as a family.
The hospital OB and Nursery has recently been remodeled with safety, comfort, and privacy in mind for patients and family members. Each large suite has its own private Jacuzzi tub for mom. One of the postpartum suites offers a queen-sized bed. There are also designated family room amenities including space for the family to relax or rest.
Excellence in Obstetrics: A Testimonial
At RHSHC, we not only want to assist in delivering healthy babies… We want to create an exceptional new life experience for you and your family. Here is one family’s journey with us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3tu3_74Orw&t=25s
Whether you are a parent, doctor, or nurse, the desired outcome is the same: To bring your new baby into the world in a safe and healthy environment with the assistance of experienced health care providers. For a new life experience, you can count on, call the Cresco Medical Clinic for an appointment at 563-547-2022 or toll-free 888-547-5474.
The Cresco Medical Clinic is conveniently attached to Regional Health Services of Howard County/Hospital Services, where prenatal classes are offered for expectant parents. Prenatal appointments are also now available at the Elma Medical Clinic. Stop by for a tour of the labor and delivery suites and nursery for more information.
RHSHC offers Prenatal Classes as well as a Post Partum Clinic. Current information may be found under “Upcoming Events” on the RHSHC home page.
Cresco Medical Clinic
321 8th Avenue West
Cresco, IA 52136
563-547-2022 or or toll free 888-547-5474
Elma Medical Clinic
600 Busti Avenue
Elma, IA 50628
Regional Health Services of Howard County
235 8th Avenue West
Cresco, IA 52136